Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2014

Weekend Update

What a weekend it's been! Let me tell you right now, there's been a multitude of crafting as well as sports-watching in my house. 

On Thursday, I (finally) picked up my photos from Walgreens and completed my scrapbook documenting my semester abroad! I'm in love with it and it's already found a nice home displayed on my dresser. Looking through it tugs at my heart, bringing back all the memories from an awesome time in Rome. Plus, I learned that making a scrapbook isn't as hard as you'd think (more on this in a future post)!




I began working on some wall decor for my new apartment at school on Friday. I'm painting canvases inspired by Lilly Pulitzer state prints for each of my roommates and myself. Once I'm all finished, South Dakota, Texas, and Indiana will be represented! Here's a preview of SD.




My dad, sister, and I spent Friday night downtown at the Nasher Sculpture Center watching "The Way Way Back" on the garden lawn. It was a great movie in an even better environment. The lights strung between oak trees gave off such a southern vibe. I love the idea of watching a movie outdoors in a park and can't wait to do this again as the summer progresses. If you're a Dallas resident, the Nasher hosts a movie in the garden every third Friday, so check it out!










Saturday and Sunday were filled with sports. My dad and I were on the couch both days with our eyes glued to the tv, occasionally taking them off the game to eat some tacos or tortilla soup. But, somehow, not a single game resulted in a win for the team we were rooting for: Texas in the CWS, Texas in the MLB, and USA in the World Cup. You win some, you lose some (and you tie some).

On a side note, I've been using this olive oil-based soap for the past week and really like it. By no means does it live up to my bar of soap from the Italian Riviera, but it still makes my skin feel amazing after using it.




Plus, this phrase that was on the cap of my Sweet Leaf tea made me smile. Sometimes it's nice to think that by being proactive, you can bring luck into your life. I think it hit home because I'm officially a college senior, will be taking the GRE in July, and starting to fill out graduate school applications shortly after.



Did you do anything exciting this summery weekend?


Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment