Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

Queen of Sensitivity

All four of my immediate family members know my skin is much more sensitive than the next person's. It's not every day you come across someone allergic to almost every kind of soap!

And when does this sensitive skin become the biggest nuisance? Buying beauty products... practically an irony in itself.



So, in hopes of helping out some fellow gals living with sensitive skin, here are some products I (and my skin) have come to love!




Cetaphil. Has anyone not heard of this stuff? I've been using Cetaphil for the last few years. All the products are meant for sensitive skin, but they also leave skin cleaner or moisturized longer than other brands. Since I have extra oily skin, I use Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser for Normal to Oily Skin. Whew, that's a mouthful. This stuff is seriously great. If you're anything like me, you'll notice a difference right away!

Neutrogena has been doing it right in the sunscreen department for years. Their Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen leaves your face free of that awful sunscreeny feeling while protecting you from the sun's harmful rays.

After two years of switching between different kinds of foundation, I've fallen in love with Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24H Makeup (thanks Julianna!). This liquid foundation covers up every blemish while providing SPF 15. Plus, it works on any skin type, even super oily ones (trust me).




Forewarning: this is a product you cannot purchase unless you're in the outskirts of Orvieto, Italy. Italians know a thing or two about what ingredient is the best moisturizer: olive oil. So this Bartolomei face cream infused with olive oil has been unlike any other moisturizer I've owned (both in terms of uniqueness and results). If you ever find an olive-oil based moisturizer in the US, please try it out and let me know!




Most people are familiar with Clean & Clear's Oil Absorbing Sheets. These little babies are great for dabbing away at an oily face without having to reapply your makeup. I always have a bunch of these packets kept all over the place.






My hair is also particular; it doesn't hold a curl very well, but it also looks oily after spraying hairspray. Enter KMS California HAIRSTAY Hairspray. This baby provides a great hold, keeping those curls in. Most importantly, it is a dry hairspray, so it does not make your hair look greasy at all!




Since switching to liquid Lancome foundation, I've abandoned my Ecotools Bamboo Foundation Brush, but that doesn't mean I don't love it anymore. This brush has bristles that are covered in some waxy material that makes all the foundation transfer to your face, no joke. It's a really great brush that will last a long time.




After rearranging my bathroom counter for these pictures, I had to snap a pic of my go-to accessories. You'll rarely find me without my Fossil tortoiseshell watch, Kendra Scott Elle earrings in White Pearl, James Avery Spanish Lace ring in Blue Topaz, and lookalike Van Cleef necklace from The Impeccable Pig.

Do you use any of these products and love them as much as I do? Is there anything you'd recommend for sensitive-skinned me (I'm in the market for a new eyeliner)?

I hope the rest of your week is "a roller coaster that only goes up, my friend" (shameless TFIOS plug).


Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment