Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2015

Ringing in the New Year!

Happy New Year!

I can't believe it's already 2015! Seriously, how did 2014 fly by so quickly? 

This winter break, a little birdie (*cough* Mom...) told me that more than a few family and friends were hoping for my return to the blogging world. Well, I've decided to do just that as one of my New Year's resolutions!

I'm usually that person who makes a few resolutions and fails to keep them (I've ridden the "I'm going to lose weight" boat more than a few times). However, this year, I've had the chance to sit back and think through what I want this year to look like for me and chosen resolutions based on those ideas.

First, I'm going to focus on eating right and adopting a healthier lifestyle. Ok, I can hear all the naysayers; sure, it hasn't worked in the past, but I think there are a few things that make it different for me this year. A few days before Christmas, I decided to start running (more on that below) and felt such a sense of accomplishment afterwards. I realized that in no way should I be focused on losing weight, but instead bringing my body to a more healthy and natural state. I've already succeeded in working out every day (except for two rest days) since then! Last semester I was really good about staying away from soda, and while I did indulge a few times, I know I can keep up that great healthy trend!

2015 will be the year I run a half-marathon. Now, I have told multiple people, "I hate running," and I will not take that statement back. I actually enjoy circuit and whole body exercises a lot more (mostly for the constant variation). But I've become inspired by my dad, who just finished a marathon last month and still claims to hate running. He was able to build up the stamina to do that, so what's holding me back from doing the same for a half? Bonus: I'll be running it in Liverpool this June while on vacation with my family!

Like the hiatus from soda-drinking, I also want to continue doing something I succeeded in doing last semester: reading for fun. Before bed most nights, I read a quick chapter in The Rosie Project or journal entry from The Seasons of Rome. It was an amazing way to forget about school and I honestly think reading right before bed helped me sleep better and feel less stressed. Reading is definitely something I want to continue doing, especially since I got a handful of books for Christmas (always the best gift!).


So with these resolutions out in the open, I wish everyone a wonderful and successful start to 2015!

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment