Pages

Monday, January 5, 2015

2014

Even though January 1 was a few days ago, I am still astounded by the fact that we are in 2015.

Thinking back to last year, I probably had the most wonderful year of my life. I really was blessed with amazing experiences and friendships!



I lived in Rome for the spring semester of my junior year.
In the span of four months, I fell in love with Rome and everything about the Italian way of life. I also met some wonderful people and made four friendships that will last as long as the work on the new Roman subway line (aka forever). With new friends, sunny Roman days, and weekends spent in seven different countries, I still believe nothing will come close to the pure bliss those four months were to me.



I called New York City home for a month.
Spending part of the summer in New York for an occupational therapy internship I never imagined I would get was a major highlight of the year. Not only did I learn so much about the field of OT, but I made some new friends along the way as we explored a city I've grown to love over many years. Plus, I got to spend some extra time with my grandma at her Long Island beach house on weekends.



I've grown closer to my group of friends and Kappa sisters.
Our little group of nine has amazed me this last semester. Despite being away in the spring, I felt welcomed into a group filled with inside jokes, Netflix binges, and life chats. I couldn't be happier with my friends (who all happen to be my sisters too!) and can't wait to spend a whole week in Miami with them in March!


With all of these experiences, I've grown as a person. I have a clearer idea of my hopes and goals for the next few years, but have also embraced the thought of uncertainty and welcome whatever life may bring. 

All I can say now is bring it on, 2015!

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment