Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Scrapbooking 101

After arriving home from my semester in the Eternal City, I had two gallon-sized ziploc bags filled with ticket stubs, postcards, and other memorabilia. I've always been one to save tickets and such for that scrapbook I've been meaning to make. But, with the amount of scrapbook-worthy items I brought home, making one was on the top of my to-do list. I organized all my little memories by city and date, ready for creating this said scrapbook. 

But, where do you start?!

This was the kicker for me. I had never made a scrapbook before (despite my ticket collection), so I honestly did not know how to begin. Did I need a fancy photo album? What about scrapbook paper? How many pictures would I need?

Somehow, I managed to leave Joanns crafting store with some manilla paper and Staples with some clear sleeves and a basic black binder.




Oh, and I thought it was necessary to buy out half of the stickers Joanns sells... These are merely the remnants. 




 After a few hours and a zillion feet of double-sided tape later, my masterpiece was complete. I really couldn't be happier with the end result. Even though it's not some super crafty scrapbook, who needs something elaborate when the pictures and ticket stubs are what makes it special and recall some of the greatest memories?




My scrapbook has even found a nice home on my dresser. I love waking up and seeing it every morning!




So, without further ado, my tips to making a great first scrapbook:




1. Organize all the things you want to include in the book, from tickets to pictures.

2. Buy clear sleeves and a pack of fun paper.

3. Pick up some stickers while you're at it to fill spaces too small for memorabilia but too big to leave empty.

4. Stock up on plenty of double-sided tape or glue!

5. Design your scrapbook pages, leaving space for any pictures you may want to print and add in later. 

6. Buy a binder that fits all your pages (I saved this for last so I would buy the perfect size).


   

  



After six easy steps, you're done! See, scrapbooking really doesn't have to be as hard as the pros make it out to be.


Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment